DISCLAIMER: (a) JHU/SOM's sole role is to connect students and alumni for the limited purposes of The Help Our Students Travel (HOST) Program; (b) JHU/SOM is not responsible for any associated costs or expenses with the program (e.g., travel, accommodation, meals, etc.); (c) JHU/SOM does not supervise, manage or control the communications or ensuing interactions between students and alumni; (d) students and alumni are not required to use this forum, but do so voluntarily; (e) neither JHU, nor any of its employees or agents, shall have any responsibility or liability to students, alumni or any other individual for any cost, loss, injury, or damage (including, but not limited to, any personal injury, illness, death, or property damage) that students, alumni or any other individual may incur or suffer in connection with or arising from use of the program.
HOST Program Student Sign Up
The Help Our Students Travel (HOST) program helps fourth-year medical students reduce their expenses on the road to residency by connecting them to alumni in the vicinity of their interview sites. During the months of October through February, Alumni HOSTs may offer students lodging for 1-2 nights, meals, and/or transportation.
The Office of Alumni Relations will:
- Contact the alumni host and secure their interest and availability.
- Provide students with the alum’s information.
- Provide alums with the student’s information.
Students are expected to:
- Promptly contact the host and share their travel details and interview plans
- Notify their host if plans change, or an interview is rescheduled
Alumni who volunteer to be a HOST may do one or more of the following:
- Provide overnight accommodations for student
- Offer students transportation and tours of the city
- Speak with students who have questions about the residency program or the community where they are interviewing